On Sunday afternoon, Liverpool FC U21s defeated Fulham 3-1 in Premier League 2. Melkamu Frauendorf, Jarell Quansah, and backup Layton Stewart all scored goals to secure victory at the Academy.

The first significant attempt by the Reds against the visitors ended with a well-executed goal by Frauendorf inside the area after only five minutes. Shortly after, Bobby Clark threatened with a shot into the side-netting, prompting George Wickens to make a good stop.

With a well-executed set piece, Liverpool increased their lead soon after the 20-minute mark. Jake Cain delivered for a Nathaniel Phillips knockdown, and Quansah swept in the loose ball. With Ben Doak proving to be a bright spot down the right side, Barry Lewtas’ team was supplying most of the offensive activity.

Liverpool vs Fulham

Liverpool FC | A shot from the wide player was deflected wide, and Cain had a great chance to add a third but was denied by Wickens’ legs after another frantic run.

Seven minutes after the break, Fulham found a chance to get back into the game by pushing forward early in the second stanza. Matt Dibley-Dias had come near with a volley from a corner, but Olly Sanderson’s header was unavoidable.

To finish off a Luciano D’Auria Henry pass to the back post, the forward made a break for it in the box. Liverpool made an effort to regain their two-goal lead and came dangerously close to doing so when Quansah’s header from a Cain corner struck the post.

But with 20 minutes left, the Reds struck the visitors with the decisive punch due to a clever move into the box. Substitutes Stewart and James Norris teamed up to end any chance of a tie as the former found Stewart with a cutback to the penalty spot.

Ibane Bowat and Dibley-Dias made an effort to give Fulham some hope late in the game, but they were both unable to get their shots on goal.

Liverpool U21 team

Mrozek, Jonas, Chambers, Phillips (Miles, 46), Quansah, Stephenson, Doak (Hill, 76), Clark (Norris, 46), Frauendorf (Musialowski, 80), Cain, and McConnell are the members of the (Stewart, 70).